April 30, 2010

Anti-climax

It hasn't really sunk in yet.

I had my last class as an undergraduate today: a women and gender studies/anthropology seminar class.  We got out a few minutes early, and because I was in a hurry to watch IO in her dance class showcase, I nearly ran out of the room.

I still don't feel anything.  Maybe it's because I still have an exam? and a lab report, and a term paper to turn in?  I don't feel nostalgic, only excited for the next few weeks and ready for the end of summer already, when I will be settling into a new city, with new people to meet and new classes to attend and maybe even a dog.

In my fiction class, everyone recommended a book for the class, and now I have a ready-made summer reading list.  I've also borrowed a book from PJ of Lorrie Moore's short stories, Birds of America.

Everything is rolling downhill, gathering speed and moving quickly toward the end.

No comments: