September 6, 2011

There's a briskness in the air

The past two nights, I've slept with all my covers pulled up to my chin.  With the window open, it's just cold enough to want to snuggle up into my comforter, which is just how I like to go to bed.  Somehow, July and August tricked me into thinking that Wisconsin could be warm forever...but this weekend proved me wrong.  There's a cool thrill in the air and the smells have switched from fecund summer to crisp autumn.

Fall is definitely my favorite season.  I can't wait for apples and cider and apple butter and warm pumpkin dishes and soups and stews and baking bread so the oven warms up the kitchen. I can't wait to wear a hoodie and jeans every day and I love showing off the beautiful scarves and mittens my mom has knitted me.

No comments: