October 14, 2011

Invincible summer

I had been feeling so awful lately. Truly crummy--down in the dumps, overwhelmed with school and family issues and social problems--to the point where I was starting to feel like every psych lecture was about me (not in an ideas of reference kind of way).

I went and spoke to someone about it on Tuesday, and I've been feeling light and airy ever since. It's as if a weight I didn't know was there had been lifted up and has been borne away, to the point where, though I was ready for bed half an hour ago, I found myself thinking, "I am ready to write again."

This quote by Camus has shown up in my life several times recently, serendipitously: in my friend's blog here and on pinterest (a dangerous time-sink of a website full of beautiful things and fun craft ideas and cool stuff) as a tattoo, and the more I repeat it, like a mantra it has grown to feel true.

Au milieu de l'hiver, j'ai découvert en moi un invincible été. {Camus, La Chute}

No comments: