July 17, 2013

Homesick

I find myself feeling strongly homesick, as if I'm mourning my childhood home.  Maybe it's the blanketing heat and smothering humidity, which are par for the course back home but are more of an anomaly here. Maybe it's watching The United States of Tara, which is set in Overland Park (complete with accurate KC references, like people who live in Belton or the right area code).  Maybe it's that I haven't been home since Christmas, and I spent less than a week there.

Maybe it's that everyone that's in my year is looking to their family and hometowns for places to apply for residency, and I both want and don't want to return home. 

Maybe I'm just a little tired of being a grownup, but I certainly can't stop now.

1 comment:

Kirste Harrison said...

There's a little piece of home just down the road! We'll have to arrange a get together soon. Love you lots. :)