March 31, 2015

Out like a lamb

Every year, when spring rolls around, I feel the promise of a new season soaking into my skin. It's not January that makes me want to be a better person; it's March with its promise of fresh breezes, and light, damp air, and new flowers pushing through the earth.

Maybe it's because my intern year is circling around and drawing to a close, but now I finally feel more comfortable in my skin. I feel grounded, the way flower bulbs are nestled in the dirt yet are able to push forth new leaves.

Maybe it's the increase in sunlight and changing from night shift back to days that makes my heart lift up a little and feel more optimistic about everything. Maybe it's just literally spring fever, and I'm ready to believe in romance again. Maybe it's the fact that even when you're surrounded by very sick people, you can still find a way to celebrate life.

No comments: